Here is a list of gear that you'll need for your trek. All communal equipment such as tents, tables, chairs and cooking gear is provided by the climb team from Gladys Adventure & Safaris. We also provide
your sleeping mattress but not your sleeping bag (available as rental item).
All personal equipment is usually provided by the climbers although we have a fully stocked store of equipment available for hire. Our clients receive a 50% discount on rental prices from our
shop so unless you have other uses for equipment that you do not own, you may be better off renting these items. Before the trek we will go through an thorough equipment check to make sure that
you are well prepared.
Each porter is permitted to carry a maximum of 20kg. If you have gear of more than 20kg, they need to be in more than one duffel/backpack. Extra luggage can be safely stored at our office storage area.
The total number of porters going on your trip will depend on the total weight being transported.
Equipment you will need:
- Duffel bag or packpack large enough to hold your gear.
- Small back pack (30 to 40 litres)- should be large enough to carry a minimum of 3L water plus room for any clothing layers that would be added/removed during the day's climb
- Rain cover for small back pack
- Wide brimmed hat
- Balaclava and 1 wool hat
- Sun glasses or goggles--important to have excellent UV protection and polarized
- Poncho or water proof jacket and trouser
- Down jacket or a good quality water proof and breathable jacket for summit night
- Fleece pants and jacket
- Thermal top and bottom 2 set
- Water proof gloves and thin under gloves
- Light weight pants for walking - 2 or 3
- Gaiters 1 set - important to keep small stones and water out of your boots
- Thick and thin socks 6 pairs (woolen or synthetic)
- Hiking boots leather recommended (water proof)
- comfortable shoes for around the campsite
- Walking poles 1 pair
- Sleeping bag and liner (should be rated -15 to -25 °C or 0 to -5 °F)
- Water bottles - need to carry a minimum of 3L total each day - these cannot be disposable plastic as they are not allowed on the mountain
- Head torch with spare batteries and bulb
- Personal first aid kit (Antacids, Antihistamines, Antiseptic wipes, blister treatment, Imodium)
- Whistle and water purification tab (we will always give you purified water, but in case of extreme emergency on the mountain, if you have these items already it is a good idea to bring them)
- High energy bars and snacks
- Plastic bin liner for extra waterproofing and carrying wet gear
For our list and prices for gear rental you can go to: Equipment Hire
We Accept Credit Cards
Click above to read our terms and conditions, credit card practices and our bank wire instructions.
Partners for Responsible Travel
We are proud partners of Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Program. Click to read about their valuable program.
Tanzania Association of Tour Operators
We are fully licensed and registered. Click above to read about us at TATOTZ.org.
Visit us on Facebook
Visit our Facebook site and "Like" us to enjoy a special offer today!
Quick Response Form